Here are the controls that will help you the most. Clear the clutter by getting to know these keys first then add more when you need to.
- H – Get out of bed/chair
- W,A,S,D – forward, left, back, right
- Mouse Wheel – increase/decrease walking speed
- F – Execute default action on an interactive item
- F+Left mouse – choose action
- F1 – Toggle mobiGlass
- F2 – Toggle system map
- T – Torch
- CTRL – Toggle crouch
- X – Toggle lay down
- Start / Stop
- R – Flight ready on/off
- U – Power on/off
- I – Engine on/off
- Y – Exit seat/bed/eject
- Landing / Lift Off
- LEFT CTRL whip down
- SPACE – Ship up
- N – Raise/lower landing gear
- N+hold – autoland on a pad (flight serviced pad only)
- W, A
,S ,D– forwards, left, backwards, right
- Q, E – Roll ship left/right
- Mouse Wheel – Set speed limit/target (lowest value: > 0)
- C – Cruise control on/off locks forward speed to the limiter
- V – Flight assist on/off
- SHIFT – Afterburner
- X – Space brake
- T – Lights
- W, A
- Quantum Travel
- B – Spool hyperdrive / Show location markers
- B (long press) – Engage hyperdrive
Ship Control Notes:
- When Cruise Control (CC) is engaged, a small arrow appears next to the speed limit line on the HUD.
- CC locks the forward speed to the limiter and the lowest value is greater than zero. Tip: don’t use CC in confined areas! Instead press+hold the direction keys while adjusting the desired speed with the limiter using the mouse wheel.
- Use V to decouple the ship from Flight Assist, especially during flight or fight.
- You can spool the hyperdrive while it is being calibrated. If you are close to the target, spooling will happen automatically.
- PRINT SCREEN saves a screenshot to
- C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE\screenshots
- F12 – Toggle comms chat panel to remove from the screenshot
- Z – Toggle freelook
- F4 – Change view between 1st & 3rd person
- 3rd person camera controls:
- F4+PGUP/PGDN – move the camera up/down
- F4+Left/Right arrow – move the camera left/right
- F4+Up/Down arrow – zoom in/out
- F4+Home/End – blur/focus
- F4+Numpad +/- – narrow/wide field of view (lens type)
- F4+Z – toggle orbit cam
- F4+Numpad * – reset to the previous view
Printable Keyboard Controls
Voice Control for Star Citizen
VoiceAttack.com is the website and name of a utility that uses speech recognition to convert your voice commands to keyboard sequences. You can find a Star Citizen VoiceAttack profile in a configuration guide on the sister website >>here<<.
Emotes are hand signals and body language that can be triggered by key binds or chat commands in-game. Open the chat window and typing a selected command as ‘/command’.
I have selected the most useful emotes to use in a small reminder sheet. Click on the following to get a full sized image, or download the Star Citizen Controls PDF file.
The Full Emotes List
Here are an amalgamation of Emotes that I have gathered from previous years and I have also verified them.
If you have any more emotes not listed you can send them in via the contact page. The command ‘/stand’ may have worked once, but is no longer valid. Instead, simply move forward.
Hello, Goodbye, Get Attention
Yes & No
- /sit(1-2 identical)
Key Binds for Emotes
The key binds can be found in-game at:
Options > Keybindings > advanced controls > Social – emotes.
If you want a specific command, you may need to alter the bind. For example you might feel that some /wave commands are better than others.
This video made by Shimmer shows all of the emotes that are still available in 3.5 and can be found here. Beneath her YouTube video is a list of clickable time offsets you can use to see one particular command. The latest list only differs by:
- The addition of the /disagree command
- Extended number of variations on one of the commands
Star dudes, if you are pregnant with opinions and useful observations in the shape of corrections, suggestions, or enhancements, there’s no need to keep them to yourself, you can whisper them into my shell-like ear! let me know via the contacts page :o)