The Public Test Universe is a game environment that is used to test release builds outside of the confines of the Cloud Imperium / RSI, but before releasing as a live build. Depending on confidence in the code, there may be several levels of restricted access before backers (players with a ship package) are invited to join.
The Access Sequence
- Got to the RSI Website at RobertsSpaceIndustries.com
- Clear away the ‘Discover Our Universe’ overlay if there is one
- Log In
- On a wide enough browser, at the top right is the Account menu item. Click on that to log in.
- On a narrow browser at the top right will be the text ‘RSI’, click on that to reveal a drop-down menu and click on the Account entry at the bottom of the list to log in.
- The account bar changes colour from amber to green, click on Account again to open it up.
- Underneath your User Image, find and click the SETTINGS button and the MY ACCOUNT page will appear.
- In MY ACCOUNT, click SETTINGS and lower half of the screen will show the options as a menu list at the left.
- Click PUBLIC TEST UNIVERSE (the last item in the list)
- Click Copy Account to PTU
A green banner appears to tell you your account details are being transferred to the PTU server and you will be given a separate password and instructions via email.
- Wait for the transfer confirmation email
- Using links and password provided in the email in order:
- Download and install the Test PTU Launcher
- Log into ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com/connect using your usual username and the supplied PTU password.
- Run the Test PTU launcher and log-in using your usual username and the supplied PTU password.
- Allow time for the Test PTU Launcher to identify missing games files, then install them
- You are good to go.